Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oberlin

Got the results of my preference list for next year. Even though they changed everything and made everyone list 3 of the universities they least want to go to, and having about a paragraph to write as much as you can under "Other Information" I did a free for all and just stated why I wanted J.F Oberlin (Obirin) so bloody bad. 


Well I got it. And I can not be anymore blessed. It's a uni I wanted so bad because it's a private Christian university and it's in Machida City, Western Tokyo and is about 40 minute train ride away from Central Tokyo. It's basically me living in the west of Sydney, so yeah I've pretty much changed countries but still in the same suburbs haha (totally kidding).


The uni also has so many subjects to offer being taught in English and the housing are so spacious, clean and relatively new. It comes with a price. $660 a month which is about $165 a week. That's really expensive considering we have partner universities where you can live in the dorms for $150 a month! But again, I have the best family ever because they've agreed to pay for 2/3 of my rent. My brother and mum are sending $100 a week which is $400 a month, so all I have to pay is $260 a month. DEAL I'll take it! I couldn't be anymore content with that! 


My savings for Japan have been continuously increasing. I live a poor life trying to survive with about $200 a fortnight, and it's HARD. Constantly being out of the house everyday and travelling to the city, it's so hard! Especially with birthdays and dinners. I have to sacrifice a lot in the next few months. I need to cut myself from dinners and outings. I just hope a lot of people understand that and I'm doing this for my dream. 


So what's left for me is to officially apply to the uni, which will be breezy since getting your preference is guarantee entrance (I hope I'm not kidding myself lol). Argh this thing is becoming more real and I'm scaring the hell outta myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment